GBFans.com, along with members of the Ghostbusters community, recently had the opportunity to engage with the Ghostbusters HasLab Development team at Hasbro. During this meeting, the team addressed several of the most burning questions that fans have raised regarding the Haslab Ghost Trap and PKE Meter project.

Customization is a central focus of the development effort, and the Ghost Trap, for instance, will come with all-metal side panels and real screws, which will be a boon for those looking to personalize their equipment. While Hasbro cannot officially recommend modifications to their finalized product, they are confident that they have provided fans with plenty of options to make customization a breeze.

The Ghost Trap, despite being packed with electronics, motors, and other components, will still have room for customization. The team has plans to include a rumble motor for ghost-capturing effects. There's also space within the trap's main body for fans to consider adding a smoke effect. However, Hasbro stresses that they do not endorse these modifications due to regulatory concerns.

The Ghost Trap features a robust and secure XLR-style connector with a threaded connection to prevent the cable from disconnecting. The wire cable between the trap and the pedal is solid wire. Changes to the Ghost Trap and PKE Meter's electronics will be an ongoing process, and they promise that many more features are yet to be revealed. For instance, one recent change made to the programming is how the pedal operates the trap, requiring a single press to open and a single press to close. Additionally, numerous switches and dials will be provided to help set up various functions.

Turning to the PKE Meter, it will feature an EMF detector that responds to sources of ambient energy. It also offers various modes, including a simulated shocking feature using LED lighting. The PKE Meter will have a highly detailed set of sounds embedded, featuring sound effects directly from the production studio. Further refinements are planned for the PKE Meter, such as making the wings (or arms) more slender.

The Ghostbusters HasLab Development team is diligently working to provide fans with a customizable and authentic Ghost Trap and PKE Meter experience. While they encourage personalization, they emphasize that official product modifications are not recommended due to regulatory considerations. As development continues, fans can look forward to even more exciting features and updates on these iconic Ghostbusters gadgets.

There is still time to back the project on Hasbro Pulse click here.

Stay Tuned to GBFans.com for more Ghostbusters.
mrmichaelt, mardin_chatzuk, ZLevee and 5 others liked this
AJ Quick wrote: November 7th, 2023, 4:04 pmImage

GBFans.com, along with members of the Ghostbusters community, recently had the opportunity to engage with the Ghostbusters HasLab Development team at Hasbro. During this meeting, the team addressed several of the most burning questions that fans have raised regarding the Haslab Ghost Trap and PKE Meter project.

Customization is a central focus of the development effort, and the Ghost Trap, for instance, will come with all-metal side panels and real screws, which will be a boon for those looking to personalize their equipment. While Hasbro cannot officially recommend modifications to their finalized product, they are confident that they have provided fans with plenty of options to make customization a breeze.

The Ghost Trap, despite being packed with electronics, motors, and other components, will still have room for customization. The team has plans to include a rumble motor for ghost-capturing effects. There's also space within the trap's main body for fans to consider adding a smoke effect. However, Hasbro stresses that they do not endorse these modifications due to regulatory concerns.

The Ghost Trap features a robust and secure XLR-style connector with a threaded connection to prevent the cable from disconnecting. The wire cable between the trap and the pedal is solid wire. Changes to the Ghost Trap and PKE Meter's electronics will be an ongoing process, and they promise that many more features are yet to be revealed. For instance, one recent change made to the programming is how the pedal operates the trap, requiring a single press to open and a single press to close. Additionally, numerous switches and dials will be provided to help set up various functions.

Turning to the PKE Meter, it will feature an EMF detector that responds to sources of ambient energy. It also offers various modes, including a simulated shocking feature using LED lighting. The PKE Meter will have a highly detailed set of sounds embedded, featuring sound effects directly from the production studio. Further refinements are planned for the PKE Meter, such as making the wings (or arms) more slender.

The Ghostbusters HasLab Development team is diligently working to provide fans with a customizable and authentic Ghost Trap and PKE Meter experience. While they encourage personalization, they emphasize that official product modifications are not recommended due to regulatory considerations. As development continues, fans can look forward to even more exciting features and updates on these iconic Ghostbusters gadgets.

You know. I hope Hasbro is paying you all for the free advertising. How many users accessed their site through the links provided by GBfans? I’m guessing a large %. Not only that but you are now almost an intermediary for Hasbro with these great updates. I know you’d all do this without pay anyways but Hasbro should be compensating this website somehow. The homepage is pretty much running a Haslab ad with that main article. Again, it’s Ghostbusters related news so you gotta cover it. But I’m sure it can be a frustrating part of this. This small fan run site providing access to a multi million(or billion) dollar company.
Threadender liked this
Richardless has a point but professionalism is the key here. Hasbro can essentialy go to youtube, or rely on GBNEWS to update the fans on their projects.They really don't need us. It would be very nice if we got a discount by accessing the links, but the fact they gave us access to a Q and A was awesome.

In 2016 ATC handed out promotional packs to the main GB Websites but it is a rarity that we get any recognition from Sony or then Mattel at all. (Would have been nice if they made those packs availalble as a promotion. I'll admit I was jealous though. Lol.)

the fact that we are getting a little recognition is again a rare occurance and I doubt AJ will risk any relationships the site has by demanding treats. Maybe the next campaign Hasbro will consider an influencer stretch goal since we know the bigwigs in charge do occasionaly peruse this site.
Threadender, Turtuv liked this
AJ Quick wrote: November 7th, 2023, 4:04 pmImage

I've watched the roundtable after reading this and i'm more hyped than before! They seems very invested and passionate about this, I really hope that this trap and pke will be way better than the matty collector.

Can you report to hasbro that the pke meter lights should not just sequence straight down the line (as different users pointed out)?
Turtuv wrote: November 9th, 2023, 3:44 pm
Spectregater wrote: November 9th, 2023, 9:57 am Yeah the lights should not just sequence straight down the line.
Can we report this to Hasbro somehow?
And another thing, they said that the pedal will open with a single press and another single press to close, but is this the same way as the movie?
It operated that way in the original movie during the Sedgewick bust.
On the other topic I saw that a user that think, based on this video: https://youtu.be/XgKH8TATwJA?si=z141v0-Q39spswUj

That the trap is based on the frozen empire trap but with 5 yellow stripes on it (like the afterlife trap) and not 6. He also said that the led is missing, but I've looked at the afterlife trap and it seems identical to the hasbro trap. Can someone explain? Thanks
In the Q&A session video with the Haslab crew they hinted at some as of yet unannounced extras that we might get.

And as for the trap they talked about how they learned lessons with respect to connectors from the Haslab Proton Pack.

Do you think there is a chance there could be an “add-on” (like with Kickstarter campaigns) for an upgraded hose/connector for the pack/wand as such an extra?
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]